Friday, June 25, 2010

Are you on a mission?

It is summer and I'm sure we all know at least one person that is traveling somewhere on a mission trip this summer. We have a friend that is in Corpus Christi right now with World Changers, two friends serving in Japan for 6 weeks, another friend leaving for Ethiopia today, Doug's parents are in China for two weeks, the middle school students are going to Galveston soon and the high school students are going to New Orleans in July. Mission trip to everywhere. Missions focus at youth camps around the country. We hear missions all the time.

My principal last year asked each of us to give her our favorite word and why it is our favorite. I told her mine was mission. I said it was because we as educators are on mission every day to get our kids to the next step, to prepare them for what is ahead, that is our mission in life/work.

The more I think/hear about missions the more I ask myself, am I on a mission everyday? Am I doing my part to be a missionary for Christ right here in Kingwood at work and in everything else I do? Don't get me wrong, I definitely believe there is a place for foreign mission. I believe we are called to go and do in other places but what about our hometowns? I think that as Christians we sometimes look so hard for the "perfect missions opportunity" but yet we forget the people around us that are living without Christ.

This is just what has been on my heart lately and so I thought I would share. :) I hope you are all having a wonderful day! As my parents pastor would say "You may be the only Jesus somebody sees today so make sure they get the right story."

No comments:

Post a Comment